Contact Suzanne Levi at email@example.com for more information.
Areas of responsibility for classroom parents:
First we would like to thank you for being willing to share your time and talents! Being a classroom parent can be very rewarding and a great way to be close to your child. There are two main areas of responsibility that come with this job. Our best piece of advice is to not do it by yourself! There are usually many parents or grandparents who are very willing to help. These are simply guidelines. Please partner with your teacher for specific guidelines. The PTSO presidency is here to support you. Please feel free to contact us anytime with questions.
1. Planning parties and/ or special classroom activities. 2. Planning & Coordinating Teacher Appreciation Week May 7th-11th. We would like everyone to decorate their teacher’s window with a fun poster of appreciation on Monday May 1st. PTSO will be providing a special lunch for the teacher’s on Friday May 5th. Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!
Sierra Verde Room Parent Class Party Policies and Procedures
Kindergarten through 5th grade will have four classroom parties:
Fall Celebration: Wednesday, October 31st 2:45-3:30 Winter Celebration: Thursday, December 20th 2:45-3:30 Valentine’s Day Party: Thursday, February 14th (early release) 11:15-12:05 End of Year Party: Wednesday, May 22nd 2:45-3:30
* All Volunteers must attend Volunteer Training before helping in the classroom. * You should plan at least one educational activity during the party (estimation jars, word searches/crossword puzzles) Be sensitive to any students that may have restrictions due to religious or cultural beliefs. All snacks must be store bought and be kept sealed, no homemade items will be allowed.
*** WE ARE A PEANUT FREE CAMPUS AND NO ITEMS CONTAINING PEANUTS OR ITEMS THAT ARE PREPARED AROUND PEANUTS SHOULD BE BROUGHT INTO THE CLASSROOM! THIS INCLUDES GIFTS TO THE TEACHERS. Also check with your teacher for any other possible student food allergies.
Sierra Verde is a “latex free” school. This means no balloons of any kind are permitted on campus.
-No siblings are allowed to attend parties. -If showing a movie it needs to be rated G. -Coordinate your party plans with your teacher.
Sierra Verde Viper Room Parents Class Party Suggestions & Information Send a letter home to parents asking for financial and/or party donations and party volunteers (see sample letters) *** Changes have been made to the District’s Policy on collecting class party donations to protect the teachers. We ask that you attach an envelope with your name on it to the party donation letter. You may either include a specific date/dates that you will be in the classroom collecting envelopes or if you have an older child you may ask them to collect the envelopes and bring them home to you. THE TEACHER IS NOT ALLOWED TO COLLECT THE ENVELOPES. * Be sure to invite all parents to the party, extra parent hands are always helpful! (Including party dates and times on your initial donation request form might allow parents to adjust work schedules to attend).
* Younger grades enjoy the “center” type of format. Some centers might include: an art project or craft, an educational activity, making a snack, and a game. (With advance notice the kitchen can order plain sugar cookies to decorate at a pretty good price)
* Older grades enjoy “Team” activities and food! Minute to Win It games are a big hit.
* Communicate with the parents in your class. Let them know what you’re doing and how they can help. If you create an email, your teacher can mail it out to the parents or include it in their weekly newsletter.
* Consider making a sample (and instructions) to place at each center so the volunteers can refer to it for a craft or rules for a game. Parties move quickly and it will help you to not have to explain over & over.
* Google Classroom parties to find links to great ideas.
Sample Party Donation Letter Dear Parents, I/we are the Room Parents for Mr./Mrs. _______________________’s class. To make this school year extra fun, we are planning some special parties for the students. We will have 4 classroom parties this year: Fall Celebration, Winter Party, Valentine’s Day and End of the Year. We would also like to bring in a treat for Mr./Mrs. ________________’s birthday and we’ll be planning some ideas for Teacher Appreciation the week of May 7th-11th.
We are suggesting a $25.00 donation, but will appreciate any amount that you can contribute. This money will be used to purchase party supplies, snacks, a treat for the teacher’s birthday, and Teacher Appreciation. Please send your donation in the attached envelope. Donations can be cash or check. Please make the check out to __________________________. If you would like to help organize, supervise, or contribute to one or more of this year’s class parties, please complete the following form and include it in the attached envelope or email me at ____________________. You will be contacted before each party to verify your participation. Thanks in advance for making this year special for our children! Parent’s Name ____________________________________ Student’s Name ___________________________________ Phone Number ___________________________________E-mail ___________________________________
Fall Celebration – October 31st 2:45 pm. ___________I’d like to help plan and/or attend the party.
Winter Celebration – December 20th ___________I’d like to help plan and/or attend the party.
Valentine Party – February 14th ___________I’d like to help plan and/or attend the party.
Year-End Party – May 22nd ___________I’d like to help plan and/or attend the party.
Thank you. We look forward to seeing you at the parties!
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us. Room Parent (s) Name Phone # E-mail